Grim and Grimmer
11 Nov 2004
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2004/11/grim-and-grimmer/
Previous entry: Scary Movies?.
Next entry: My Songs, Damn It! Mine!.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! herbal viagra alternative , cialis discount generic tadalafil , herbal viagra alternative , cialis discount generic tadalafil ,
- Hello! http://genericviagra9deal.com/ , http://genericcialis9deal.com/ , http://cheapgeneric9viagra.com/ , http://cheapgeneric9cialis.com/ ,
- Hello! viagra for sale without a prescription , generic cialis pills and drug interactions , viagra for sale without a prescription ,...
- Hello! quik payday loan , payday cash , cialis fast delivery , cialis pills , order cialis ,
- Hello! payday cash loan , payday loan application , cialis fast delivery , payday cash , quik payday loan ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- The Audient > Unregionable
- Blog > Curio: Lily Tomlin, Movie Fan
- my new plaid pants > Sniveling Hysterical Pre-Periodic Twit
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > From John Oliver to Halle Berry: Winners and losers of summer TV 2014
- The Daily Notebook > Video of the day. Trailer for Abel Ferrara’s “Pasolini”
- The Film Doctor > text message links
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E52: The Big Pond with Pete Mitchell
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Ghostbusters
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Mirror, The (1974)
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Slate Articles > Prince Addresses the Social Media Age on New Song, From One of Two New Albums
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- Observations on film art > Zip, zero, Zeitgeist
- The Seventh Art > Signatures Of The Visible
- Burbanked > (original GIF via alxbngala)
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > My Writing Process Blog Tour
- Moon In The Gutter > DistribPix unleash the long awaited William Lustig ‘Billy Bagg’ Special Edition!!!
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > TIME IN A BOTTLE: BOYHOOD
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’