I love many of these random groupings, but I’m particularly fond of the proximity of “audience” to “want” to “understand.” Bride of Culture Snob noted “need Peña,” which I pointed out could actually be read as “writer need Peña.”
Condensed Culture Snob
23 Jul 2008
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2008/07/wordle/
Previous entry: The Knight's Armor.
Next entry: Box Office Power Rankings: July 18-20, 2008.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! buy cialis at a discount , buy cialis at a discount , side effects of viagra , buy cialis at...
- شركة مكافحة البق بالمدينة المنورة شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالمدينة المنورة شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة نقل الدوائر الحكومية بالمدينة المنورة...
- شركة هدم بالاحساء شركة ترميمات بالاحساء شركة اعمال لياسة بالاحساء شركة اعمال بلاط وسيراميك بالاحساء شركة اعمال سباكة بالاحساء
Magnolia and Meaning
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > The New Oscar Actress Hierarchy - 33 Most Beloved Women
- The Daily Notebook > Movie Poster of the Week: Wim Wenders by Guy Peellaert
- my new plaid pants > Jack You Dog You
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Only logical to view Leonard Nimoy’s Spock as ‘Star Trek’s most important creation
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > THE 2014 MURIEL AWARDS
- The Audient > Villainous scenery chewing by 2014 Oscar winners
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Updated Subscription Rates)
- Slate Articles > Maps to the Stars
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: Gangbuk Style with Daniel Tudor
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Say What? 8 Things You Didn’t Notice in Quentin Tarantino’s Movies
- Observations on film art > BIRDMAN: Following Riggan’s orders
- Burbanked > Photo
- The Film Doctor > quaint artifact links
- Roger Ebert’s Journal > Beyond Narrative: The Future of the Feature Film
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.