I love many of these random groupings, but I’m particularly fond of the proximity of “audience” to “want” to “understand.” Bride of Culture Snob noted “need Peña,” which I pointed out could actually be read as “writer need Peña.”
Condensed Culture Snob
23 Jul 2008
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2008/07/wordle/
Previous entry: The Knight's Armor.
Next entry: Box Office Power Rankings: July 18-20, 2008.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Mad Men @ the Movies: “Forecast”
- my new plaid pants >
- Slate Articles > Live From New York! and Very Semi-Serious
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > World on fire: ‘Daredevil’ season 1 in review
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Clerks II
- Burbanked > Photo
- Observations on film art > They had time for everything then
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > L’Amour Fou
- The Audient > The anime language test
- The Film Doctor > real-time links
- The Daily Notebook > Movie Poster of the Week: Movie Marquees
- The Seventh Art > Bombay Blues
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > FLOATING ON THE OCEAN OF HELENA LEE
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > “Mythos:” WhiskeyPaper Story of the Week
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > A Year in Seattle Preview: The Young Cynic with Peter Bagge
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES Issue 3 Featuring MARIA MCKEE (Pre-Order Special)