Twitter Review: Planet Terror
6 Feb 2009
‘Planet Terror’ - Not nearly bad enough to be a true homage; despite the charming scratches etc., it’s far too polished and winking to work.
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2009/02/tweet-1183521107/
Previous entry: Box Office Power Rankings: January 23-35, 2009.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis sample , order cialis , purchase viagra , buy cialis ,
- Hello! herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs , buy cialis softtabs , herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs ,
- Hello! http://viagra11professional.com/ , http://cialissuperactive11.com/ , http://www.viagra11samle.com/ , http://cialis11samle.com/ ,
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis super active , viagra sample , cialis sample ,
- Hello! canadian viagra , canadian cialis , viagra fast delivery , cialis fast delivery ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘The Affair’ - ‘Episode 7’
- Blog > Review: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
- The Film Doctor > “Because survival is insufficient”: Emily St. John Mandel’s Station Eleven
- my new plaid pants > So This Made Me Cry
- Observations on film art > What-if movies: Forking paths in the drawing room
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: De-Terriblization with Mark Russell
- The Daily Notebook > Movie Poster of the Week: The films of Jean Grémillon
- Slate Articles > Love Among the Ruins
- Burbanked > My 2014 Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975, on DVD,...
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 9 Most Awkward Family Dinners in Movies
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > STATE OF THE BLOG: SLIFR’s 10th BIRTHDAY
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Casino Royale Review
- The Audient > A hiatus of unknown duration
- The Bleeding Tree > Spotify and the death of Rock
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone