Twitter Review: Zodiac
16 Feb 2009
‘Zodiac’ - Subtly but thoroughly subversive and odd, Fincher’s procedural is radical in construction but goes down easily. A quiet triumph.
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2009/02/tweet-1215473488/
Previous entry: Devouring the Oscars: Best Animated Short Film.
Next entry: Twitter Review: Encounters at the End of the World.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- شركة الصفرات للتنظيف شركة الصفرات لنقل العفش بالرياض
- The ritual of Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi is the best way of showing your love and dedication towards your brother or sister. Send...
- viagra For Women Available In India in Edinburg . This abrupt staff was transported in loss of philip j, use of cialis...
- Hello! viagra side effects , cialis side effects , purchase viagra , purchase cialis ,
- Hello! generic viagra , generic cialis , viagra , cialis ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > NBC fires Donald Trump
- Blog > Beauty vs Beast: Mother Machine
- my new plaid pants > PS XXL
- The Daily Notebook > Efe Cakarel, Founder of MUBI, on Stanley Kubrick, the Economics of Streaming, and Why Asia Is Really Fascinating
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > True Detective season 2 episode 1 - “The Western Book of the Dead” (episode 2 appears tomorrow)
- Observations on film art > Ritrovato 2015: Tributes to a great friend
- The Film Doctor > summer links
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Andy Dick Meets Marc’s Niece in a New Clip From Maron
- The Audient > American heroism vs. American self-interest
- The Seventh Art > Book Nook: The New Cinephilia
- Cinema Styles > Robert E. Lee, the Confederacy, and the Whitewashing of the Civil War
- Slate Articles > Boy Hood
- Burbanked > Probably too late for me to get this for Father’s Day…
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > THE ATOMO-VISION OF JOE DANTE
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > Flutterfucked: Reading Snapshots