‘Invention of Lying’ has a simple, resonant premise but is made without rigor. Only intermittent ingenuity saves it from offensive laziness.
March 2010 Archives
Like Selick’s other animations, ‘Coraline’ is merely weird. While imaginative, meticulous, and thematically rich, it’s dull and oddly inert.
Regardless of which film takes home Best Picture on Sunday night, the Academy Awards finally got it right.
I don’t mean that the best movie of 2009 will have won, even if one only considers the 10 nominees. Rather, the Oscars have chosen a sound voting system — an instant-runoff election — that nearly guarantees that every ballot will help determine whether Avatar or The Hurt Locker nabs the prize.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! http://viagrawithourprescription9.com/ , http://cialiswithourprescription9.com/ , http://dosage9viagra.com/ , http://dosage9cialis.com/ ,
- Dapple your dear ones with your love by sending them these magical arrangements of Flowers and make the celebration bright and beautiful. Send Flowers to...
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis super active , viagra canada , cialis canada ,
- Hello! cheap viagra tablets , cialis generic overnight state united , cheap viagra tablets , cialis generic overnight state united ,
- Hello! viagra pills , cialis pills , viagra sale , cialis sale ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘New Girl’ - ‘Julie Berkman’s Older Sister’
- Blog > September’s Gone, Girl
- The Audient > Mistakes were made
- my new plaid pants > Let’s Do The Babadook Again
- Observations on film art > The Man with a Name
- The Daily Notebook > Video of the day. Trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson’s “Inherent Vice”
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Apocalypto
- The Film Doctor > mediascape links
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > LEONARD MALTIN’S MOVIE GUIDE SWANSONG
- Slate Articles > The Boxtrolls
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E54: The Freedom to Be Foolish with Mark Frauenfelder
- Moon In The Gutter > The Early Films of William Lustig: THE VIOLATION OF CLAUDIA (1977)
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- Burbanked > Photo