‘Invention of Lying’ has a simple, resonant premise but is made without rigor. Only intermittent ingenuity saves it from offensive laziness.
March 2010 Archives
Like Selick’s other animations, ‘Coraline’ is merely weird. While imaginative, meticulous, and thematically rich, it’s dull and oddly inert.
Regardless of which film takes home Best Picture on Sunday night, the Academy Awards finally got it right.
I don’t mean that the best movie of 2009 will have won, even if one only considers the 10 nominees. Rather, the Oscars have chosen a sound voting system — an instant-runoff election — that nearly guarantees that every ballot will help determine whether Avatar or The Hurt Locker nabs the prize.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- http://www.services5.com/ http://www.services5.com/2015/12/0566147227.html http://www.services5.com/2016/01/blog-post.html http://www.services5.com/2016/01/05666147227.html http://www.services5.com/2016/01/0566147227.html http://www.services5.com/2015/12/0545124150.html http://www.services5.com/2016/01/blog-post_24.html http://www.services5.com/2016/02/05566147227.html http://zatelemat.blogspot.com.eg/ http://zatelemat.blogspot.com.eg/2015/10/blog-post.html
- On this memorable day every lover feels to gift a fabulous gift to his lover to make this day fascinating with enormous fun where people...
- Vimax Obat Pembesar Penis Permanen Ciri-Ciri Vimax Asli Canada Jual Vimax Asli Vimax Vimax Original Vigrx Plus Asli
Magnolia and Meaning
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Podcast: Top Ten Edition
- The Film Doctor > apocalypse obsessive links
- my new plaid pants > Love Is a Four Letter Word
- The Audient > The folly of remaking something unique
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Damon Wayans Sr. too old for this s--t as Murtaugh in ‘Lethal Weapon’ pilot
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > The Favorites - Satantango (#68)
- The Daily Notebook > Berlinale 2016. Two Women in Mexico’s Storm
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > Edward Williams: Photographer and Videographer
- Slate Articles > Why Male Models?
- Observations on film art > Off-center: MAD MAX’s headroom
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > OSCAR’S BIG YEAR OF LIVING VFX-UALLY, and THE ART OF SEEING AND BELIEVING
- Fin de cinéma > Best of 2015: Music
- The Bleeding Tree > Turbo kid
- Burbanked > fuckyeahbehindthescenes: 9-1-1 operators in Pittsburgh were...
- Moon In The Gutter > Life Rotates In 45 Revolutions Per Minute (David Bowie: “Drive In Saturday” with “Round and Round”)