Twitter Review: Where the Wild Things Are
22 Apr 2010
Saddled with too much emotional baggage, the great-looking ‘Where the Wild Things Are’ is nearly joyless but in its goodbyes finds resonance
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/04/tweet-12646505920/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: Masters of Horror: Imprint.
Next entry: Twitter Review: Sugar.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- The market for Cialis is huge - following the runaway success of order viagra. Viagra versus cialis professional, generic for cialis tadalafil...
- The market for Cialis is huge - following the runaway success of viagra. Viagra versus cialis professional, generic for cialis tadalafil .
- good site http://www.abozahrah.com/ http://www.abozahrah.com/2015/06/kshf-tasrbaat.html http://www.abozahrah.com/2015/06/kshf-tasrbaat2.html http://www.abozahrah.com/2015/06/3azl-jedah.html
- شركة تنظيف بالرياض شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض erkn
Magnolia and Meaning
Magnolia and Meaning
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Stage Door: Nicole Kidman in Photograph 51
- The Audient > Preparations for Middle Earth
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > MR. DADIER’S JUVIE-READY, TOUGH-AS-NAILS BLACKBOARD-BUSTIN’ FALL TERM MOVIE QUIZ
- Observations on film art > The Rhapsodes return
- my new plaid pants > My Man Fassy
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > New ‘Leftovers’ title sequence playfully lets the mystery be
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 10 Hilarious Web Series Featuring SNL Talent
- Burbanked > Today in October’s Weird Creepy Crap. (there’s a bigger version...
- Slate Articles > The Cab Ride as Artistic Rebellion
- The Film Doctor > “What good is the right to free speech?”: a review of Laura Poitras’ Citizenfour
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > The Favorites - Platform (#87)
- The Daily Notebook > NYFF 2015. Projections Retrospective on MUBI
- Cinema Styles > Why Did I Start This Up Again?
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone