Twitter Review: Adoration
21 Jun 2010
‘Adoration’ is a dispiriting Egoyan misfire, a too-blunt but intriguingly indirect meditation on terrorism that then excavates dull motives.
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/06/tweet-16710946751/
Previous entry: Follow the Character.
Next entry: Twitter Review: Treme Season 1.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- At that time frame, Majid as a young boy is seen standing by a window on the estate coughing up blood. Georges thought he had...
- It’s years later and I’ve seen this film thrice. It’s nothing short of brilliant and much more complex and real than any film I’ve seen...
- While Cache certainly has layers regarding how people react to paranoia and guilt and one cannot help but wonder what the connection at the end...
- Fan84, that isn’t his daughter in the clinic, its his wife that he is walking in with
- Pretentious garbage with a super-simple message. Boring.. Movies are supposed t be entertaining.
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘Game of Thrones’ paints its masterpiece with ‘The Winds of Winter’
- IndieWire > Review: ‘Veep’ Season 5 Finale Forges a Brave New Future
- The Audient > Cloaking our phones
- Blog > Interview: Rising Star Boyd Holbrook (“Narcos”)
- The Film Doctor > “No one cares about reality anymore”: 9 notes on Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > EAT THAT QUESTION: FRANK ZAPPA IN HIS OWN WORDS
- One Line Review > Fakta Unik Tentang Tidur
- Slate Articles > Independence Day: Resurgence
- my new plaid pants > Fare Thee Well Fassy
- Observations on film art > THE RHAPSODES goes to the movies