Twitter Review: Stay
29 Nov 2010
2005’s ‘Stay’ is too aggressively off, fostering sensitivity to its head game rather than engagement in the story. Gosling holds it together
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/11/tweet-9364314326564864/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: The Square.
Next entry: Gross Error.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! generic cialis soft tabs , generic cialis soft tabs , the makers of viagra sued by plantiffs , generic cialis...
- Hello! buy generic cialis , discount viagra , cheap cialis , discount viagra , buy viagra ,
- Thank you for the information.
- Hello! http://viagra9dosage.com/ , http://inaugurationreport.com/ , http://cialis7withoutprescription.com/ , http://7cialiscost.com/ , http://best8cialis.com/ ,
- Hello! order viagra , order cialis , viagra , cialis ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Happy Halloween from The Film Experience!
- The Audient > Something not Marvel-related for a change
- my new plaid pants >
- Burbanked > Also today in October’s Weird Creepy Crap. (original GIF...
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 10 Puppets That Will Give You the Creeps
- Slate Articles > Visionary Hokum
- The Film Doctor > attentional tunneling links
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > From ‘Big’ to ‘Marley & Me’: We weigh in on TV’s remake fad
- The Daily Notebook > A Note from Viennale
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E64: The Greatest Point of Relevance with Alex Bozikovic
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > HALLOWEEN SURPRISE: OUIJA IS SCARY FUN
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Carrie (1976)
- Observations on film art > Gone Grrrl
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Issue 1) is Now Available to Order
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’