Twitter Review: Stay
29 Nov 2010
2005’s ‘Stay’ is too aggressively off, fostering sensitivity to its head game rather than engagement in the story. Gosling holds it together
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/11/tweet-9364314326564864/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: The Square.
Next entry: Gross Error.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- While Cache certainly has layers regarding how people react to paranoia and guilt and one cannot help but wonder what the connection at the end...
- Waste of time
- The visualization of people has changed from time to time. People have a psychology nowadays in terms of gifting that they have become very choosy....
- Christmas is a unique season which is celebrated across the globe more or less by every caste. Christmas means the birth of Jesus Christ and...
- эротический массаж члена красивый эротический массаж эротический массаж выезд эротический массаж г салон эротического массажа москва эротический массаж видео...
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Nathaniel Gives Thanks
- The Audient > Cinematic land mines
- my new plaid pants > Great Moments In Movie Shelves #42
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > A BLAZING SADDLES THANKSGIVING
- The Seventh Art > A note on PARK LANES
- Slate Articles > The Good Dinosaur
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Neon Genesis Evangelion - Evangelion 3.33
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Ask Alan: Before ‘The Walking Dead,’ what shows most messed with viewers?
- Observations on film art > Still Agnès
- The Film Doctor > The Noir Forebears of Jessica Jones
- The Daily Notebook > Partycrashers: A Video Dispatch from the Viennale
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > Book Reviews in The Collagist
- The Projectionist > Ben Carson Is Praying for Donald Trump
- Burbanked > The men of Star Wars VII enjoy sassy dancing.