Twitter Review: Stay
29 Nov 2010
2005’s ‘Stay’ is too aggressively off, fostering sensitivity to its head game rather than engagement in the story. Gosling holds it together
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/11/tweet-9364314326564864/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: The Square.
Next entry: Gross Error.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! http://viagrawithourprescription9.com/ , http://cialiswithourprescription9.com/ , http://dosage9viagra.com/ , http://dosage9cialis.com/ ,
- Dapple your dear ones with your love by sending them these magical arrangements of Flowers and make the celebration bright and beautiful. Send Flowers to...
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis super active , viagra canada , cialis canada ,
- Hello! cheap viagra tablets , cialis generic overnight state united , cheap viagra tablets , cialis generic overnight state united ,
- Hello! viagra pills , cialis pills , viagra sale , cialis sale ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > THE HIGH SPIRIT, SHARP WIT AND SEXY SELF-DEPRECATION OF JENNIFER TILLY
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > ‘The Bridge’ producer Elwood Reid on the season 2 finale
- Blog > The Golden Era at the Golden Horse Awards
- my new plaid pants > Rupert Friend Four Times
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E55: The Rules of the Game with Jaime Woo
- Observations on film art > Of horses, avalanches, and architecture
- The Audient > Mistakes were made
- The Daily Notebook > Video of the day. Trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson’s “Inherent Vice”
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Apocalypto
- The Film Doctor > mediascape links
- Slate Articles > The Boxtrolls
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)
- Moon In The Gutter > The Early Films of William Lustig: THE VIOLATION OF CLAUDIA (1977)
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- Burbanked > Photo