Twitter Review: Stay
29 Nov 2010
2005’s ‘Stay’ is too aggressively off, fostering sensitivity to its head game rather than engagement in the story. Gosling holds it together
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/11/tweet-9364314326564864/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: The Square.
Next entry: Gross Error.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Polanski’s obtuse ‘Repulsion’ mines fear of rape, men, abandonment. 1 great shock & effective spatial horror, but male POV leers and muddles
> More Twitter updates
- Packers and Movers in Hyderabad @ http://www.moveby5th.in/packers-and-movers-hyderabad.html Packers and Movers in Pune @ http://www.moveby5th.in/packers-and-movers-pune.html Packers and Movers in Bangalore @ http://www.moveby5th.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore.html Packers...
- Packers and Movers Noida @ http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-noida/ Packers and Movers Chennai @ http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-chennai/ Packers and Movers Navi Mumbai @ http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-navimumbai/ Packers and Movers...
- Packers and Movers Gurgaon goto http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-gurgaon/ Packers and Movers Hyderabad goto http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-hyderabad/ Packers and Movers Delhi goto http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-delhi/
- Packers and Movers Pune goto http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-pune/ Packers and Movers Mumbai goto http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-mumbai/ Packers and Movers Bangalore goto http://www.movers5th.in/packers-and-movers-bangalore/
- Appreciate you sharing, great blog post.Thanks Again. Really Cool.
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- my new plaid pants > Today’s Fanboy Delusion
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Ask Alan: The best shows-within-shows, and cliffhangers that didn’t surprise
- Blog > Tweetweek: Young Han Solo, Met Ball, and Civil War
- Observations on film art > Welles at 101, KANE at 75 or thereabouts
- The Audient > HRAFF Opening Night - I made it
- Slate Articles > Captain America: Civil War
- The Daily Notebook > “A Cartographer in 16mm”: Excerpt from the Diary of a Spanish Filmmaker
- The Bleeding Tree > Generational inanity
- The Film Doctor > New Jack Kitty: 4 notes on the excellence of Key & Peele’s Keanu
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > “CLASSIQUE = MODERNE”: TCMFF 2016
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Citizen Kane at 75: a new video essay series
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > “What is Possible:” ‘Why Flash Fiction Essay’ at SmokeLong Quarterly
- Burbanked > It was Pittsburgh Pirates’ legend Bill Mazeroski’s defense...
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.