About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- The market for Cialis is huge - following the runaway success of order viagra. Viagra versus cialis professional, generic for cialis tadalafil...
- The market for Cialis is huge - following the runaway success of viagra. Viagra versus cialis professional, generic for cialis tadalafil .
- good site http://www.abozahrah.com/ http://www.abozahrah.com/2015/06/kshf-tasrbaat.html http://www.abozahrah.com/2015/06/kshf-tasrbaat2.html http://www.abozahrah.com/2015/06/3azl-jedah.html
- شركة تنظيف بالرياض شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض erkn
Magnolia and Meaning
Magnolia and Meaning
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- my new plaid pants > Laugh Like Fassy Depends On It
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Season premiere review: ‘iZombie’ - ‘Grumpy Old Liv’: Major changes
- Blog > NYFF: Sing the Electric “Steve Jobs”
- The Daily Notebook > Chantal Akerman, 1950 - 2015
- The Film Doctor > cynosure links
- Burbanked > Today in October’s Weird Creepy Crap.(original image via...
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Montage: Symphony of the Devils (video)
- The Audient > Preparations for Middle Earth
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > MR. DADIER’S JUVIE-READY, TOUGH-AS-NAILS BLACKBOARD-BUSTIN’ FALL TERM MOVIE QUIZ
- Observations on film art > The Rhapsodes return
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 10 Hilarious Web Series Featuring SNL Talent
- Slate Articles > The Cab Ride as Artistic Rebellion
- Cinema Styles > Why Did I Start This Up Again?