About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- Economically it can be a good option to move on festivals and special occasions as most of the people are busy in celebrations and packers...
- Gifts Delivery in Germany was never easy few years back. It involved a huge amount of money and most of the time the transaction was...
- Deliver delicious cake of Black Forest Cake and many more to your intimate friends on their Birthday ceremony and cheer up their life with full...
- Life turns out to be amazing with friends, family and other connections that help you to move on under any circumstances. Send Gift to Hyderabad...
- Hello! cialis super active , instant payday loan , buy cheap cialis , cash advances pay day loan , cash...
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Yes, No, Maybe So: Big Eyes
- The Audient > Serious threats to my viable use of Netflix
- my new plaid pants > Saturday Night Suicide
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Firewall & Iceberg Podcast, episode 247: ‘Gotham,’ ‘Scorpion,’ ‘Forever’ & more
- Slate Articles > The Guest and Fort Bliss
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)
- The Daily Notebook > Spectators as Characters: Close-Up on Abbas Kiarostami’s “Shirin”
- Observations on film art > An auteur, three archives, and the archivist as auteur
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 10 Legendary Drinking Scenes in Movies
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E54: The Freedom to Be Foolish with Mark Frauenfelder
- The Film Doctor > “Soda is the cigarette of the 21st century”: 7 notes on the pleasures of Fed Up
- Moon In The Gutter > The Early Films of William Lustig: THE VIOLATION OF CLAUDIA (1977)
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- Burbanked > Photo
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > DARK SEPTEMBER, or Bright Reflections from the Past Courtesy of the New Beverly Cinema
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- The Seventh Art > Signatures Of The Visible
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > My Writing Process Blog Tour