About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! quik payday loan , payday cash , cialis fast delivery , cialis pills , order cialis ,
- Hello! payday cash loan , payday loan application , cialis fast delivery , payday cash , quik payday loan ,
- Hello! cheap viagra without prescription , cheap cialis without prescription , cheap viagra pills , cheap cialis pills ,
- Hello! http://cheap6cialispills.com/ , http://cheap6cialisbuy.com/ , http://www.discountcialisbuy6b.com/ , http://cialis7dosage.com/ , http://mideastmirror.com/ ,
- Hello! cialis pills , cheap cialis , cialis , cialis dosage , cialis buy ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Game of Links
- The Film Doctor > text message links
- The Audient > Wait, that’s who?
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E52: The Big Pond with Pete Mitchell
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Amazon hits some bumps with its third pilot season
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Watch Garfunkel and Oates Point and Laugh on @Midnight
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Mirror, The (1974)
- my new plaid pants > Keep Yourselves Entertained
- The Daily Notebook > The Noteworthy: Backing Beijing, “Labour” by Cléo, Kent Jones on NYFF
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Slate Articles > Prince Addresses the Social Media Age on New Song, From One of Two New Albums
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- Observations on film art > Zip, zero, Zeitgeist
- The Seventh Art > Signatures Of The Visible
- Burbanked > (original GIF via alxbngala)
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > My Writing Process Blog Tour
- Moon In The Gutter > DistribPix unleash the long awaited William Lustig ‘Billy Bagg’ Special Edition!!!
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > TIME IN A BOTTLE: BOYHOOD
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’