About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! viagra , cialis , viagra pills , cialis pills ,
- Hello! cheap viagra , cialis cheap overseas , cheap viagra , cialis cheap overseas ,
- Hello! http://viagra33sideeffects.com/ , http://cialis33sideeffects.com/ , http://pills3ofviagra.com/ , http://pills3ofcialis.com/ ,
- Hello! viagra side effects , cialis side effects , pills of viagra , pills of cialis ,
- Hello! http://viagra3cheap.com/ , http://cialis3cheap.com/ , http://viagra3discount.com/ , http://cialis3discount.com/ ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Season finale review: ‘The Walking Dead’ - ‘Conquer’: Wolves at the door?
- Blog > Film Bitch Awards ~The Medals Ceremony
- The Audient > Meeting my fans
- Observations on film art > Pixels into print: The unexpected virtues of long-winded blogging
- my new plaid pants > I Don’t Know
- Burbanked > Photo
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > ALL-NEW FEAR OF THE VELVET CURTAIN: TCM FEST 2015 GO “BOOM!”
- Slate Articles > Noah Baumbach’s Golden Years
- The Daily Notebook > Harvard at the Gulbenkian. Cinema Dialogues 5.2
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Hush Up! The 10 Best Silent Partners in Movies
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES Issue 3 Featuring MARIA MCKEE (Pre-Order Special)
- The Film Doctor > Atrocity montage: a review of Nightcrawler
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: Opting for Korea with Brother Anthony
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > The Last Stage
- The Bleeding Tree > Remix, remake, rethink, redo
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- Only the Cinema > New Home