About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- ‘(500) Days of Summer’ has a good hook and nails relationship details, but it’s too cute and frustratingly undisciplined and self-satisfied.
> More Twitter updates
- are they still making albums?
- Thanks for sharing wonderful information, it is really nice information.
- I like your information which is very useful for me. Thanks.
- it is good
- I really wouldn’t call Tarantino’s work “sterile”. I think that’s a perception that has been a mass adoption amongst those unwilling to look past the...
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > “Spark”
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘Hannibal’ - ‘Sakizuke’
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E26: New Meant Better with Jonathan Meades
- my new plaid pants > Tonight We Feast
- Observations on film art > Somewhere it’s always GROUNDHOG DAY
- The Audient > The lost All That Jazz review
- The Daily Notebook > Cannes 2014. Cinéfondation and Short Films Jury
- Burbanked > (original image via lobbycards)
- The Bleeding Tree > Ikons - Starchild
- Slate Articles > The Scribblin’ Samurai
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Reggie Watts Gives a Crazy, Smurf-filled History Lesson
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Long Players in the Shortest Month: #iPodAlbumPlaylist, February 2014
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > ENOUGH SAID: THE MOVIES OF 2013
- Moon In The Gutter > Please Help Our Dream Come True: Support ART DECADES at Indiegogo
- Cinema Styles > Not One of the Gabbers
- The Film Doctor > “Follow the instructions or you’ll be put to sleep”: 13 questions about The Lego Movie
- Fin de cinéma > Best of 2013: 14 Singles
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > MIRA CORPORA Review at Necessary Fiction
- The Cooler > Shadows and Light: 25th Hour