About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- At that time frame, Majid as a young boy is seen standing by a window on the estate coughing up blood. Georges thought he had...
- It’s years later and I’ve seen this film thrice. It’s nothing short of brilliant and much more complex and real than any film I’ve seen...
- While Cache certainly has layers regarding how people react to paranoia and guilt and one cannot help but wonder what the connection at the end...
- Fan84, that isn’t his daughter in the clinic, its his wife that he is walking in with
- Pretentious garbage with a super-simple message. Boring.. Movies are supposed t be entertaining.
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- IndieWire > Major Media Companies Join Mark Boal in His First Amendment Fight Against the Goverment
- The Audient > Good MIFFternoon
- Blog > July. It’s (Almost) a Wrap
- The Bleeding Tree > A note to long time Hillary Clinton supporters
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Ask Alan: What makes a TV flashback episode good?
- my new plaid pants > One Ticket For Suicide Squad, Please
- Slate Articles > Bad Moms
- The Daily Notebook > Venice 2016. Lineup
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > The Prisoner: conversation w/ James Cooray Smith
- The Film Doctor > scream room links
- Observations on film art > Born on the 23rd of July