About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- ‘(500) Days of Summer’ has a good hook and nails relationship details, but it’s too cute and frustratingly undisciplined and self-satisfied.
> More Twitter updates
- I enjoyed reading your own interpretation of Spider forest. Some observations: Near the beginning, there was a scene with the main protagonist and his partner...
- Yes. One is due to be released this summer .
- are they still making albums?
- Thanks for sharing wonderful information, it is really nice information.
- I like your information which is very useful for me. Thanks.
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘The Americans’ - ‘Martial Eagle’
- Blog > April Showers: Éponine in Les Misérables
- my new plaid pants > Tie Me Backpackers Down, Sport
- Slate Articles > Only Lovers Left Alive
- The Audient > Review: Mr. Nobody
- The Daily Notebook > Cannes 2014. Directors’ Fortnight Lineup
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 10 Awesome Facts About Quentin Tarantino
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > The Hero We Didn’t Know We Needed: a conversation with Jared Drake, director of Visioneers & the upcoming Mack Luster
- The Film Doctor > The Exposition and Invitation of Moonrise Kingdom: a Sequence Analysis
- Observations on film art > The Rhapsodes: Afterlives
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Ox-Bow Incident, The (1943), Or 28 Angry Men
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E31: Is This London? with Iain Sinclair
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > TCMFF 2014: MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH
- Burbanked > (original image via joshuafountain)
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (An Update)
- The Bleeding Tree > Ikons - Demon
- Cinema Styles > Mickey Rooney, 1920 - 2014
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’