About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- While Cache certainly has layers regarding how people react to paranoia and guilt and one cannot help but wonder what the connection at the end...
- Waste of time
- The visualization of people has changed from time to time. People have a psychology nowadays in terms of gifting that they have become very choosy....
- Christmas is a unique season which is celebrated across the globe more or less by every caste. Christmas means the birth of Jesus Christ and...
- эротический массаж члена красивый эротический массаж эротический массаж выезд эротический массаж г салон эротического массажа москва эротический массаж видео...
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > A BLAZING SADDLES THANKSGIVING
- Blog > Pfeiffer Back to Work
- The Audient > Audient Auscars: My Fair Lady
- The Seventh Art > A note on PARK LANES
- Slate Articles > The Good Dinosaur
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Neon Genesis Evangelion - Evangelion 3.33
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Ask Alan: Before ‘The Walking Dead,’ what shows most messed with viewers?
- my new plaid pants > Be My Jive Turkey
- Observations on film art > Still Agnès
- The Film Doctor > The Noir Forebears of Jessica Jones
- The Daily Notebook > Partycrashers: A Video Dispatch from the Viennale
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > Book Reviews in The Collagist
- The Projectionist > Ben Carson Is Praying for Donald Trump
- Burbanked > The men of Star Wars VII enjoy sassy dancing.