About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- Share this excitement and fun to strengthen the bond between the brother and sister and Send Rakhi to Canada. Show your beloved brother how...
- شركة الصفرات للتنظيف شركة الصفرات لنقل العفش بالرياض
- The ritual of Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi is the best way of showing your love and dedication towards your brother or sister. Send...
- viagra For Women Available In India in Edinburg . This abrupt staff was transported in loss of philip j, use of cialis...
- Hello! viagra side effects , cialis side effects , purchase viagra , purchase cialis ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Halfway: Oscar Chart Updates - Picture, Director, Visual, Sound
- The Audient > What ever happened to the courtship?
- Observations on film art > Il Cinema Ritrovato: Back to the future (of movies)
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’
- The Film Doctor > The Facebook Eye, Twitter, and Social Media Addiction: Thoughts on Jacob Silverman’s Terms of Service
- The Seventh Art > Ellipsis #81
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > WILD, DANGEROUS IMPERFECT GRANDEUR: ELEVEN DOUBLE FEATURES ABOUT AMERICA
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Exclusive: ‘Strike Back’ heroes won’t go quietly in final season trailer & poster
- my new plaid pants > Happy Independence
- Slate Articles > I Said Go, Go, Go
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Comic Book Fan Scott Aukerman Wrote About the Hulk’s Psychiatrist For Marvel
- Moon In The Gutter > Jess Franco’s THE SADISTIC BARON VON KLAUS (1962)
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Neon Genesis Evangelion, Episode 8 - “Asuka Strikes!”
- The Daily Notebook > Now Playing: Doug Aitken’s “Station to Station”, featuring Ed Ruscha, Beck, Thurston Moore
- Cinema Styles > Robert E. Lee, the Confederacy, and the Whitewashing of the Civil War
- Burbanked > Probably too late for me to get this for Father’s Day…