About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis sample , order cialis , purchase viagra , buy cialis ,
- Hello! herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs , buy cialis softtabs , herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs ,
- Hello! http://viagra11professional.com/ , http://cialissuperactive11.com/ , http://www.viagra11samle.com/ , http://cialis11samle.com/ ,
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis super active , viagra sample , cialis sample ,
- Hello! canadian viagra , canadian cialis , viagra fast delivery , cialis fast delivery ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- my new plaid pants > 5 Off My Head - Madding For Matthias
- Blog > LOL. Yes, Today Show, it’s True. Julianne Moore *is* Still Among the Living
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘The Affair’ - ‘Episode 7’
- The Film Doctor > “Because survival is insufficient”: Emily St. John Mandel’s Station Eleven
- Observations on film art > What-if movies: Forking paths in the drawing room
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: De-Terriblization with Mark Russell
- The Daily Notebook > Movie Poster of the Week: The films of Jean Grémillon
- Slate Articles > Love Among the Ruins
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Woah! You Can Now Livestream IFC on IFC.com
- Burbanked > My 2014 Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975, on DVD,...
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > STATE OF THE BLOG: SLIFR’s 10th BIRTHDAY
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Casino Royale Review
- The Audient > A hiatus of unknown duration
- The Bleeding Tree > Spotify and the death of Rock
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone