About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! cialis , cheap viagra , viagra , cialis , buy cialis ,
- Hello! cialis canada , generic viagra , viagra , tadalafil , buy cialis ,
- Hello! canadian cialis , generic viagra , viagra , generic cialis , buy cialis ,
- Hello! cheap canadian viagra , cheap canadian cialis , generic viagra price , generic cialis price ,
- Hello! canadian viagra , canadian cialis , generic viagra price , generic cialis price ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Sandra and The Kiss
- my new plaid pants > Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Fargo (1996)
- Slate Articles > Überfrau
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘The Bridge’ - ‘Sorrowsworm’
- The Audient > Iconic movies directed by nobodies
- The Daily Notebook > The Forgotten: “The Argyle Secrets” (1948)
- Burbanked > (original GIF via mickey-mouse-club: randar)
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Reggie Watts Sings a Touching Ode to Horses on Conan
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E47: Waking Up in the Unknown with Jim Benning
- Observations on film art > MOONRISE KINGDOM: Wes in Wonderland
- The Film Doctor > patriarchal lie links
- The Bleeding Tree > Rise of the dawn
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > SMALL MIRACLES: LAND HO! (2014)
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- The Seventh Art > Hawks/Ford
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > “Artists in Residence” in Pithead Chapel