About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Girls Gone Wild -- Favorite Bad Girl Oscar Winners
- The Daily Notebook > Death Eating Life: An Interview with Albert Serra
- my new plaid pants > Summer Fun is Here To Stay
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > HBO confirms long-delayed ‘Westworld’ will actually air. We hope.
- The Audient > The Americans
- One Line Review > Pernah Penasaran Apa itu Huruf ‘i’ di Semua Produk Milik Apple? Ini Dia Penjelasannya
- The Film Doctor > hyper-reality links
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > PEEKABOO! THE MOVIES OF 2016 AT HALFTIME
- The Bleeding Tree > Blogging today
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > “The Farmacist” Review: The Collagist
- Slate Articles > Trapped in the Tower of London
- Observations on film art > Terence Davies: Sunset songs
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Citizen Kane at 75: a new video essay series