About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! herbal viagra alternative , cialis discount generic tadalafil , herbal viagra alternative , cialis discount generic tadalafil ,
- Hello! http://genericviagra9deal.com/ , http://genericcialis9deal.com/ , http://cheapgeneric9viagra.com/ , http://cheapgeneric9cialis.com/ ,
- Hello! viagra for sale without a prescription , generic cialis pills and drug interactions , viagra for sale without a prescription ,...
- Hello! quik payday loan , payday cash , cialis fast delivery , cialis pills , order cialis ,
- Hello! payday cash loan , payday loan application , cialis fast delivery , payday cash , quik payday loan ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- my new plaid pants > Quote of the Day
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Garfunkel and Oates Show You How to Wish Happy Birthday to a Loose Acquaintance
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > ‘Boardwalk Empire’ creator Terence Winter previews final season
- Blog > Summer (lovin’) happened so fast
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > DARK SEPTEMBER, or Bright Reflections from the Past Courtesy of the New Beverly Cinema
- The Audient > Unregionable
- The Daily Notebook > Video of the day. Trailer for Abel Ferrara’s “Pasolini”
- The Film Doctor > text message links
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E52: The Big Pond with Pete Mitchell
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Mirror, The (1974)
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Slate Articles > Prince Addresses the Social Media Age on New Song, From One of Two New Albums
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- Observations on film art > Zip, zero, Zeitgeist
- The Seventh Art > Signatures Of The Visible
- Burbanked > (original GIF via alxbngala)
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > My Writing Process Blog Tour
- Moon In The Gutter > DistribPix unleash the long awaited William Lustig ‘Billy Bagg’ Special Edition!!!
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’