About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! discount viagra , cheap cialis india , discount viagra , cheap cialis india ,
- Hello! http://viagra12cheap.com/ , http://cialis12cheap.com/ , http://order12viagra.com/ , http://order12cialis.com/ ,
- شركة تنظيف بالرياض شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
Magnolia and Meaning
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > FYC: Josh Brolin in “Inherent Vice” for Best Supporting Actor
- my new plaid pants >
- The Audient > Deleting the internet
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Issue 2) Limited Pre-Order Special
- Slate Articles > Muddle-Earth
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > The year in comic book TV: Go small or go home?
- The Daily Notebook > Berlinale 2015. Official Lineup
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: Wormholing with Charlie Usher
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 4 Brilliant Moments in SNL’s “Office: The Hobbit”
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > New Chapters in Journey Through Twin Peaks: Cooper, the mid-season, and the spirit of Twin Peaks
- Observations on film art > Rebooking at THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > REMEMBERING GARY McLARTY (1941 - 2014)
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- Burbanked > I watched just a bit of Training Day last night, and this little...
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’
- The Film Doctor > ephemeral links