About Jeff Ignatius
I am a journalist who has, at various points in my career, been published as a movie, music, and book critic (in descending order of aptitude) and has interviewed internationally renowned musicians (from David Harrington of Kronos Quartet to Kris Kristofferson to Neko Case to Dave Wyndorf of Monster Magnet) as well as authors and filmmakers of more modest repute.
I will forever be working on a book-length analysis of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Magnolia.
I was born in 1971 and married in 2001.
My wife (a damned lawyer) and I have a dog about whom Wesley Willis wrote a song from beyond the grave.
A human child was born on February 1, 2008. Bride of Culture Snob swears that I am the father.
We live in the Quad Cities, on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River.
I rabidly root for the Boston Red Sox, and — thanks to the 2004 team — am no longer waiting ’til next year. By graduation, I follow the sports teams of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By marriage, I am a fan of the Washington Redskins.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! http://viagra11deal.com/ , http://fastdelivery6viagra.com/www.yo-yoma.com , http://pcpfcu.org/abt_ctcu.html , http://cialis11deal.com/ ,
- Do something unique and creative to your dear ones on their special day and make their life remarkable and memorable. Send Flowers to Brazil...
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis sample , order cialis , purchase viagra , buy cialis ,
- Hello! herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs , buy cialis softtabs , herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs ,
- Hello! http://viagra11professional.com/ , http://cialissuperactive11.com/ , http://www.viagra11samle.com/ , http://cialis11samle.com/ ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > ‘And for all these reasons, I have decided to scalp you...
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘The Flash’ - ‘Power Outage’
- my new plaid pants > Happy Thanksgiving
- Slate Articles > Code Unbroken
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Seth Herzog Makes Food Jokes on Comedy Drop
- The Film Doctor > “Because survival is insufficient”: Emily St. John Mandel’s Station Eleven
- Observations on film art > What-if movies: Forking paths in the drawing room
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: De-Terriblization with Mark Russell
- The Daily Notebook > Movie Poster of the Week: The films of Jean Grémillon
- Burbanked > My 2014 Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975, on DVD,...
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > STATE OF THE BLOG: SLIFR’s 10th BIRTHDAY
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Casino Royale Review
- The Audient > A hiatus of unknown duration
- The Bleeding Tree > Spotify and the death of Rock
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone