About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Thank you for the information.
- Hello! http://viagra9dosage.com/ , http://inaugurationreport.com/ , http://cialis7withoutprescription.com/ , http://7cialiscost.com/ , http://best8cialis.com/ ,
- Hello! order viagra , order cialis , viagra , cialis ,
- Hello! female uk viagra , buy cheap cialis softtabsbuy cialis delived fed ex , buy cheap cialis softtabsbuy cialis delived fed ex...
- Hello! http://viagra10pills.com/ , http://cialis10pills.com/ , http://viagra10price.com/ , http://cialis10price.com/ ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Review: Birdman, or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘The Walking Dead’ - ‘Strangers’
- my new plaid pants > 13 Phones of Halloween #1
- The Audient > Someone finally found the right role for Rosamund Pike
- Observations on film art > Adieu to Vancouver 2014
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E60: Having the City for Dinner with Corey Mintz
- Slate Articles > Philip, Stark
- The Daily Notebook > The Best of “Movie Poster of the Day,” Part 8
- Burbanked > Today in October’s Weird Creepy Crap. (original image via...
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > The Birthday Boys Want to Know “How Do You Freshy?”
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Issue 1) is Now Available to Order
- The Film Doctor > native ad links
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > ALLAN ARKUSH AND TRAILERS FROM HELL TOUR FABER COLLEGE AND ANIMAL HOUSE
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’