About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! buy cialis at a discount , buy cialis at a discount , side effects of viagra , buy cialis at...
- شركة مكافحة البق بالمدينة المنورة شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالمدينة المنورة شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالمدينة المنورة نقل الدوائر الحكومية بالمدينة المنورة...
- شركة هدم بالاحساء شركة ترميمات بالاحساء شركة اعمال لياسة بالاحساء شركة اعمال بلاط وسيراميك بالاحساء شركة اعمال سباكة بالاحساء
Magnolia and Meaning
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Link Long and Prosper
- my new plaid pants > Five Frames From ?
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: Ellie Kemper finds the joy in Tina Fey’s dark, funny ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’
- The Audient > A tale of blossoming love
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: It Takes a Lifetime with Michael Elliott
- The Daily Notebook > The Forgotten: René Clément’s “The Castle of Glass” (1950)
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 8 Hilarious Fred Armisen Cameos That Brightened Our Day
- The Film Doctor > 6 notes on the mysteries of It Happened One Night
- Only the Cinema > New Home
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > UPDATE: MORE OF THE 2014 MURIEL AWARDS BEST ENSEMBLE PERFORMANCE, BEST FILM OF 2004, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Updated Subscription Rates)
- Slate Articles > Maps to the Stars
- Observations on film art > BIRDMAN: Following Riggan’s orders
- Burbanked > Photo
- Roger Ebert’s Journal > Beyond Narrative: The Future of the Feature Film
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.