About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- The ritual of Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi is the best way of showing your love and dedication towards your brother or sister. Send...
- Hello! generic viagra , generic cialis ,
- you are in point of fact a just right webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing. It sort of feels that you are doing any...
- http://www.babelsoftco.com http://accountingeg.blogspot.com/ https://khairyayman74.wordpress.com/ http://babelsoftco.com/mkawlat2015.html http://www.babelsoftco.com/Mokwlat_Main.html http://arabic-html.com http://www.rokyeg.com http://www.sama-almadinah.com/khasil.html http://www.sama-almadinah.com/naklasas.html http://www.tfa2ol.com/ http://www.tfa2ol.com/khasil.html/ https://khairyayman74.wordpress.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%86%D9%82%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%AB%D8%A7%D8%AB-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/
Truth and Consequences
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Weekend Suggestions - Got Any Plans?
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘Louie’ - ‘The Road, Part 1’: Left luggage
- Slate Articles > Brad Bird Is Not Superhuman
- The Daily Notebook > Cannes 2015. Day 8
- my new plaid pants > Happy Memorial Day Weekend
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 11 Most Brutal Roast Comedians
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > True Detective episode 5: “The Secret Fate of All Life”
- The Audient > A deeper Separation than even I knew
- The Seventh Art > Ellipsis #75
- The Film Doctor > doof links
- Moon In The Gutter > Tenfold More Wicked: Arrow Films Unleashes Walerian Borowczyk’s THE STRANGE CASE OF DR JEKYLL AND MISS OSBOURNE
- Cinema Styles > Powering Back Up In 3, 2...
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > WAKING LIFE: I’LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS
- Observations on film art > Nitrate days and nights
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > Hobart: Photo Credits
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- The Bleeding Tree > Montage of heck
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’