About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! quik payday loan , payday cash , cialis fast delivery , cialis pills , order cialis ,
- Hello! payday cash loan , payday loan application , cialis fast delivery , payday cash , quik payday loan ,
- Hello! cheap viagra without prescription , cheap cialis without prescription , cheap viagra pills , cheap cialis pills ,
- Hello! http://cheap6cialispills.com/ , http://cheap6cialisbuy.com/ , http://www.discountcialisbuy6b.com/ , http://cialis7dosage.com/ , http://mideastmirror.com/ ,
- Hello! cialis pills , cheap cialis , cialis , cialis dosage , cialis buy ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > From John Oliver to Halle Berry: Winners and losers of summer TV 2014
- The Audient > Titanic under the volcano
- The Daily Notebook > Video of the day. Trailer for Abel Ferrara’s “Pasolini”
- Blog > Smackdown 1989: Anjelica, Brenda, Dianne, Lena, and Julia Roberts
- The Film Doctor > text message links
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E52: The Big Pond with Pete Mitchell
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Watch Garfunkel and Oates Point and Laugh on @Midnight
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Mirror, The (1974)
- my new plaid pants > Keep Yourselves Entertained
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Slate Articles > Prince Addresses the Social Media Age on New Song, From One of Two New Albums
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- Observations on film art > Zip, zero, Zeitgeist
- The Seventh Art > Signatures Of The Visible
- Burbanked > (original GIF via alxbngala)
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > My Writing Process Blog Tour
- Moon In The Gutter > DistribPix unleash the long awaited William Lustig ‘Billy Bagg’ Special Edition!!!
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > TIME IN A BOTTLE: BOYHOOD
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’