About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Share you love and Happiness with your friend, family and loved ones with the darling fragrance of Flowers and make the day cheerful. Send Flowers...
- Hello! http://www.viagraforsalebuy12r.com/ , http://www.howdoescialisa12pills.com/ , http://www.howdoescialisr12pharm.com/ , http://www.cialisaustraliacheap12r.com/ , http://www.viagraaustraliar12pharm.com/ ,
- Hello! discount viagra , cheap cialis india , discount viagra , cheap cialis india ,
- Hello! http://viagra12cheap.com/ , http://cialis12cheap.com/ , http://order12viagra.com/ , http://order12cialis.com/ ,
- شركة تنظيف بالرياض شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
Magnolia and Meaning
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Oscar’s Foreign Language Finalists. Shocking As Per Usual...
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Ask Alan, Episode 3: Hate-watching, holiday binge-watching & more
- my new plaid pants > Who Wore It Best?
- Slate Articles > Selma
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: Stickers, Starcraft, Success with Danny Crichton
- The Audient > Deleting the internet
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Issue 2) Limited Pre-Order Special
- The Daily Notebook > Eric Rohmer’s “A Winter’s Tale”
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Countdown to Christmas with Reggie’s 10 Best Sweaters
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > New Chapters in Journey Through Twin Peaks: Cooper, the mid-season, and the spirit of Twin Peaks
- Observations on film art > Rebooking at THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > REMEMBERING GARY McLARTY (1941 - 2014)
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- Burbanked > I watched just a bit of Training Day last night, and this little...
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’
- The Film Doctor > ephemeral links