About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Gifts Delivery in Germany was never easy few years back. It involved a huge amount of money and most of the time the transaction was...
- Deliver delicious cake of Black Forest Cake and many more to your intimate friends on their Birthday ceremony and cheer up their life with full...
- Life turns out to be amazing with friends, family and other connections that help you to move on under any circumstances. Send Gift to Hyderabad...
- Hello! cialis super active , instant payday loan , buy cheap cialis , cash advances pay day loan , cash...
- Hello! buy cheap cialis , instant payday loan , buy cheap cialis , cash advances pay day loan , cialis...
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > A Year with Kate: The Trojan Women (1971)
- my new plaid pants > You Want It, Scoot’s Got It
- Observations on film art > An auteur, three archives, and the archivist as auteur
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > ‘Red Oaks’ co-creator Gregory Jacobs talks about his Amazon pilot
- The Audient > A favorite’s ability to rivet
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E54: The Freedom to Be Foolish with Mark Frauenfelder
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > This Week: Garfunkel and Oates Get Baby Fever
- The Daily Notebook > TIFF 2014 MUBI Coverage Roundup
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Trainspotting (1996)
- The Film Doctor > “Soda is the cigarette of the 21st century”: 7 notes on the pleasures of Fed Up
- Slate Articles > The Disappearance of The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby
- Moon In The Gutter > The Early Films of William Lustig: THE VIOLATION OF CLAUDIA (1977)
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- Burbanked > Photo
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > DARK SEPTEMBER, or Bright Reflections from the Past Courtesy of the New Beverly Cinema
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- The Seventh Art > Signatures Of The Visible
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > My Writing Process Blog Tour