About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! viagra , cialis , viagra pills , cialis pills ,
- Hello! cheap viagra , cialis cheap overseas , cheap viagra , cialis cheap overseas ,
- Hello! http://viagra33sideeffects.com/ , http://cialis33sideeffects.com/ , http://pills3ofviagra.com/ , http://pills3ofcialis.com/ ,
- Hello! viagra side effects , cialis side effects , pills of viagra , pills of cialis ,
- Hello! http://viagra3cheap.com/ , http://cialis3cheap.com/ , http://viagra3discount.com/ , http://cialis3discount.com/ ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Attending the Mad Men “Black and Red Ball”
- my new plaid pants > I Don’t Know
- Burbanked > Photo
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > ALL-NEW FEAR OF THE VELVET CURTAIN: TCM FEST 2015 GO “BOOM!”
- Slate Articles > Noah Baumbach’s Golden Years
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > ‘Mad Men’ creator Matthew Weiner: ‘I feel a sense of accomplishment’
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Hush Up! The 10 Best Silent Partners in Movies
- The Audient > I finally saw: This is 40
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES Issue 3 Featuring MARIA MCKEE (Pre-Order Special)
- The Daily Notebook > Cannes 2015. Official Poster
- Observations on film art > 1932: MGM invents the future (Part 2)
- The Film Doctor > Atrocity montage: a review of Nightcrawler
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: Opting for Korea with Brother Anthony
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > The Last Stage
- The Bleeding Tree > Remix, remake, rethink, redo
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- Only the Cinema > New Home