About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! generic cialis soft tabs , generic cialis soft tabs , the makers of viagra sued by plantiffs , generic cialis...
- Hello! buy generic cialis , discount viagra , cheap cialis , discount viagra , buy viagra ,
- Thank you for the information.
- Hello! http://viagra9dosage.com/ , http://inaugurationreport.com/ , http://cialis7withoutprescription.com/ , http://7cialiscost.com/ , http://best8cialis.com/ ,
- Hello! order viagra , order cialis , viagra , cialis ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- my new plaid pants > Good Morning, World
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: NBC’s ‘Constantine’ a tepid take on DC/Vertigo mystic hero
- Blog > Scandinavians in London: New Films From Those ‘Royal Affair’ Lovers
- The Audient > Why so expensive, Tangled?
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Carrie (1976)
- Burbanked > Today in October’s Weird Creepy Crap.
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E62: Nothing to Declare with Amy Lavender Harris
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Fred Armisen Teams Up with Jim Gaffigan, David Cross, More for Doctors Without Borders Benefit
- Observations on film art > Gone Grrrl
- The Daily Notebook > The Noteworthy: L.M. Kit Carson (1941-2014), The “Dying of the Light” Debacle, Polanski Makes “Macbeth”
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > THE 2014 HALLOWEEN HORROR SCREEN GRAB QUIZ
- Slate Articles > Philip, Stark
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Issue 1) is Now Available to Order
- The Film Doctor > native ad links
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’