About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- Share this excitement and fun to strengthen the bond between the brother and sister and Send Rakhi to Canada. Show your beloved brother how...
- شركة الصفرات للتنظيف شركة الصفرات لنقل العفش بالرياض
- The ritual of Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi is the best way of showing your love and dedication towards your brother or sister. Send...
- viagra For Women Available In India in Edinburg . This abrupt staff was transported in loss of philip j, use of cialis...
- Hello! viagra side effects , cialis side effects , purchase viagra , purchase cialis ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘Hannibal’ - ‘Contomo’: Throw drama from the train
- Blog > Tim’s Halfway Toons: The year so far in animation
- my new plaid pants > Happy Independence
- Observations on film art > Il Cinema Ritrovato: The advantages of leaving home
- Slate Articles > I Said Go, Go, Go
- The Audient > Audient Auscars: The Greatest Show on Earth
- Moon In The Gutter > Jess Franco’s THE SADISTIC BARON VON KLAUS (1962)
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Will Ferrell as Eric Jonrosh Spoofs Drunk Orson Welles
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Neon Genesis Evangelion, Episode 8 - “Asuka Strikes!”
- The Daily Notebook > Now Playing: Doug Aitken’s “Station to Station”, featuring Ed Ruscha, Beck, Thurston Moore
- The Film Doctor > summer links
- The Seventh Art > Book Nook: The New Cinephilia
- Cinema Styles > Robert E. Lee, the Confederacy, and the Whitewashing of the Civil War
- Burbanked > Probably too late for me to get this for Father’s Day…
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > THE ATOMO-VISION OF JOE DANTE
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.