About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- While Cache certainly has layers regarding how people react to paranoia and guilt and one cannot help but wonder what the connection at the end...
- Waste of time
- The visualization of people has changed from time to time. People have a psychology nowadays in terms of gifting that they have become very choosy....
- Christmas is a unique season which is celebrated across the globe more or less by every caste. Christmas means the birth of Jesus Christ and...
- эротический массаж члена красивый эротический массаж эротический массаж выезд эротический массаж г салон эротического массажа москва эротический массаж видео...
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- The Audient > Audient Auscars: My Fair Lady
- Blog > Campaign Cocktails: Youth & Spotlight
- The Seventh Art > A note on PARK LANES
- Slate Articles > The Good Dinosaur
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > Neon Genesis Evangelion - Evangelion 3.33
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Ask Alan: Before ‘The Walking Dead,’ what shows most messed with viewers?
- my new plaid pants > Be My Jive Turkey
- Observations on film art > Still Agnès
- The Film Doctor > The Noir Forebears of Jessica Jones
- The Daily Notebook > Partycrashers: A Video Dispatch from the Viennale
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > Book Reviews in The Collagist
- The Projectionist > Ben Carson Is Praying for Donald Trump
- Burbanked > The men of Star Wars VII enjoy sassy dancing.
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > GUNNAR HANSEN 1947-2015