About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis sample , order cialis , purchase viagra , buy cialis ,
- Hello! herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs , buy cialis softtabs , herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs ,
- Hello! http://viagra11professional.com/ , http://cialissuperactive11.com/ , http://www.viagra11samle.com/ , http://cialis11samle.com/ ,
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis super active , viagra sample , cialis sample ,
- Hello! canadian viagra , canadian cialis , viagra fast delivery , cialis fast delivery ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: De-Terriblization with Mark Russell
- Blog > Big Eyes, Big Questions, Big Night... Big Open Thread
- The Daily Notebook > Movie Poster of the Week: The films of Jean Grémillon
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Netflix saves ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ from pre-cancellation
- my new plaid pants > By Liam Hemsworth’s Beard
- Slate Articles > Love Among the Ruins
- Burbanked > My 2014 Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975, on DVD,...
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 9 Most Awkward Family Dinners in Movies
- The Film Doctor > notable film and media links
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > STATE OF THE BLOG: SLIFR’s 10th BIRTHDAY
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Casino Royale Review
- Observations on film art > Little things mean a lot: Micro-stylistics
- The Audient > A hiatus of unknown duration
- The Bleeding Tree > Spotify and the death of Rock
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone