About Culture Snob
This site is where I write (and sometimes talk) about popular (and not-so-popular) culture, particularly movies, in a way that’s meaningful and satisfying to me. If you find it enjoyable or enlightening, all the better. My hope is that what’s written here will prompt readers (yes, both of you) to look at the media products they consume — words, images, sounds, and various combinations of those — in new ways.
That’s a carefully worded way of saying that I don’t consider Culture Snob to be a repository of standard reviews. Yes, many of the entries will look, smell, and taste like reviews, but I hope they offer more than that. Criticism is, before anything else, a personal reaction to a work, and good critical writing will reveal as much about the author as it does about the works discussed. I try to focus on aspects of a work that interest me and haven’t been addressed by other writers.
Content in Culture Snob will primarily fall in two categories: movies and music. (Television is grouped with movies, because they’re both motion pictures.) There are also occasional forays into books and sports, and everything else gets lumped into miscellany.
Occasionally what I write is pretty good. Feel free to browse what I consider the best of Culture Snob.
We offer feeds to which you can subscribe to stay current on Culture Snob content.
Culture Snob was founded in July 2003 and moved to its present location in February 2004.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! http://viagrawithourprescription9.com/ , http://cialiswithourprescription9.com/ , http://dosage9viagra.com/ , http://dosage9cialis.com/ ,
- Dapple your dear ones with your love by sending them these magical arrangements of Flowers and make the celebration bright and beautiful. Send Flowers to...
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis super active , viagra canada , cialis canada ,
- Hello! cheap viagra tablets , cialis generic overnight state united , cheap viagra tablets , cialis generic overnight state united ,
- Hello! viagra pills , cialis pills , viagra sale , cialis sale ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Observations on film art > The Man with a Name
- The Daily Notebook > Video of the day. Trailer for Paul Thomas Anderson’s “Inherent Vice”
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘Gotham’ - ‘Selina Kyle’
- Blog > NYFF: Seeing Isn’t Believing in ‘Maps to the Stars’
- The Audient > In the name of the father
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Apocalypto
- The Film Doctor > mediascape links
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > LEONARD MALTIN’S MOVIE GUIDE SWANSONG
- my new plaid pants > Gone Girl Gone Gone
- Slate Articles > The Boxtrolls
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E54: The Freedom to Be Foolish with Mark Frauenfelder
- Moon In The Gutter > The Early Films of William Lustig: THE VIOLATION OF CLAUDIA (1977)
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- Burbanked > Photo