- Oct 31 2007Totally Unrelated: Getting Used to It0
- Mar 23 2006Cinderella's a Whore0
- Mar 14 2006Link Dump0
- Mar 16 2005Rooting for a Bad Guy — Mr. 3000 (2004)0
- Feb 3 2005Illini Fever0
- Jan 13 2005Don't Like Mike0
- Jan 12 2005Poetry: The Missing Culture Snob Ingredient0
- Dec 2 2004Year of the Snob?0
- Nov 19 2004The Stuff of Legend0
- Nov 16 2004Why Did It Have to End?0
- Oct 27 2004More Than a Game?0
- Oct 12 2004One Reason to Root for the Red Sox0
- Sep 1 2004Baseball by the Numbers0
- Jul 1 2004The Wheels Are Offically Off0
- Apr 29 2004Because It Is My Birthday, and Because It Is My Heart0
- Apr 19 2004Baseball Season Begins0
- Oct 7 2003Curses!0
- Sep 25 2003Diamond Scars0
- Jul 15 2003Has Michael Lewis Struck Out? — Michael Lewis, Moneyball (2003)0
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- The awaited Jacob/MIB episode of ‘Lost’ was penned by series bigwigs but merely underlined already-obvious moral relativism. Gallingly dull.
> More Twitter updates
- شركة الصفرات للتنظيف شركة الصفرات لنقل العفش بالرياض
- The ritual of Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi is the best way of showing your love and dedication towards your brother or sister. Send...
- viagra For Women Available In India in Edinburg . This abrupt staff was transported in loss of philip j, use of cialis...
- Hello! viagra side effects , cialis side effects , purchase viagra , purchase cialis ,
- Hello! generic viagra , generic cialis , viagra , cialis ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > HMWYBS: Join The Wednesday Night Party!
- my new plaid pants > Matthias Schoenaerts Four Times
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > ‘BoJack Horseman’ season 2 trailer achieves new excellence in blurbing
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > True Detective season 2 episode 2 - “Night Finds You”
- The Audient > When older women look better than older men
- The Daily Notebook > Now Playing: Doug Aitken’s “Station to Station”, featuring Ed Ruscha, Beck, Thurston Moore
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > This Week on Maron: Professor Marc Gets Classy
- Observations on film art > Ritrovato 2015: Tributes to a great friend
- The Film Doctor > summer links
- The Seventh Art > Book Nook: The New Cinephilia
- Cinema Styles > Robert E. Lee, the Confederacy, and the Whitewashing of the Civil War
- Slate Articles > Boy Hood
- Burbanked > Probably too late for me to get this for Father’s Day…
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > THE ATOMO-VISION OF JOE DANTE
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.