No results found for “Box Office Power Rankings”.
Results tagged “Box Office Power Rankings”
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! viagra , cialis , order viagra , order cialis ,
- Hello! viagra dosage , buy cialis omline , viagra dosage , buy cialis omline ,
- Hello! free viagra , free cialis , viagra , cialis ,
- Hello! free viagra pills , free cialis pills , viagra canada , cialis canada ,
- Hello! viagra , cialis , cialis , viagra ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Where My (Legendary) Girls At: Jane, Lily, Diane, and Debbie
- my new plaid pants > Everything You Ever Need To Know About Life...
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Uncanceled Showdown Rd 3 pits ‘Firefly’ vs ‘Jericho’ & ‘Freaks and Geeks’ vs ‘Undeclared’
- The Audient > The sun rises on 4,000 movies
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > TIME IN A BOTTLE: BOYHOOD
- Observations on film art > Breaking AMBERSONS news: Did you say Buried?
- The Film Doctor > Nukes behind the rusty iron curtain: Mimi Leder’s The Peacemaker (1997)
- The Daily Notebook > Locarno 2014. Awards
- Slate Articles > Sameness
- Burbanked > (original image via makingstarwars)
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > It’s Garfunkel and Oates Versus The Kardashians on The Soup
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > A Story Both Wonderful and Strange: my conversation with Brad Dukes, author of Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E50: Something Like a Bohemia with William E. Jones
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Fargo (1996)