Twitter Review: The Hurt Locker
6 Feb 2010
‘Hurt Locker’ overplays its coda but is an intense serial with authenticity and narrative momentum, and the script lets the actors carry it.
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/02/tweet-8727132694/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: Harvard Beats Yale 29-29.
Next entry: The Face of Arizona Wine.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! http://viagra12withoutprescription.com/ , http://cialis12withoutprescription.com/ , http://xdviagra-deals.com/ , http://edfreesamples.com/ , http://camlibtm.info/ ,
- [“Is it possible that the failure of the second Star Wars trilogy has nothing to do with plot, character, and storytelling and everything to do...
- Hello! buy cheap viagra , cheapest cialis on the net , buy cheap viagra , cheapest cialis on the net ,
- Hello! http://viagra12noscript.com/ , http://cialis12noscript.com/ , http://fastdelivery12viagra.com/ , http://fastdelivery12cialis.com/ ,
- Share you love and Happiness with your friend, family and loved ones with the darling fragrance of Flowers and make the day cheerful. Send Flowers...
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Season finale review: ‘The Affair’ - ‘Episode 10’
- Blog > Stage Door: “Side Show” Brings Out the Auteur in Bill Condon
- The Audient > The indefinite article
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: The Jokes Come Last with Darcy Paquet
- The Film Doctor > jack links
- my new plaid pants > A Taste Of Bomer
- Observations on film art > Shameful or shameless self-promotion? YOU decide!
- Slate Articles > Selma
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Issue 2) Limited Pre-Order Special
- The Daily Notebook > Eric Rohmer’s “A Winter’s Tale”
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Countdown to Christmas with Reggie’s 10 Best Sweaters
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > New Chapters in Journey Through Twin Peaks: Cooper, the mid-season, and the spirit of Twin Peaks
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > REMEMBERING GARY McLARTY (1941 - 2014)
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- Burbanked > I watched just a bit of Training Day last night, and this little...
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’