Twitter Review: The Hurt Locker
6 Feb 2010
‘Hurt Locker’ overplays its coda but is an intense serial with authenticity and narrative momentum, and the script lets the actors carry it.
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/02/tweet-8727132694/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: Harvard Beats Yale 29-29.
Next entry: The Face of Arizona Wine.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Gifts Delivery in Germany was never easy few years back. It involved a huge amount of money and most of the time the transaction was...
- Deliver delicious cake of Black Forest Cake and many more to your intimate friends on their Birthday ceremony and cheer up their life with full...
- Life turns out to be amazing with friends, family and other connections that help you to move on under any circumstances. Send Gift to Hyderabad...
- Hello! cialis super active , instant payday loan , buy cheap cialis , cash advances pay day loan , cash...
- Hello! buy cheap cialis , instant payday loan , buy cheap cialis , cash advances pay day loan , cialis...
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Blog > Thoughts I Had...While Admiring the Beauty of Brangelina in “By the Sea”
- my new plaid pants > What Goes Up Must Stay Up
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > The HitFix Fall TV 2014 preview
- The Daily Notebook > TIFF 2014 MUBI Coverage Roundup
- The Audient > My Renton moment
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Trainspotting (1996)
- The Film Doctor > “Soda is the cigarette of the 21st century”: 7 notes on the pleasures of Fed Up
- Slate Articles > The Disappearance of The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 7 Things You Didn’t Know About The Punisher
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E53: A Certain Inertia with James Steele
- Moon In The Gutter > The Early Films of William Lustig: THE VIOLATION OF CLAUDIA (1977)
- Observations on film art > ADIEU AU LANGAGE: 2 + 2 x 3D
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- Burbanked > Photo
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > DARK SEPTEMBER, or Bright Reflections from the Past Courtesy of the New Beverly Cinema
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- The Seventh Art > Signatures Of The Visible
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > My Writing Process Blog Tour