Twitter Review: The Hurt Locker
6 Feb 2010
‘Hurt Locker’ overplays its coda but is an intense serial with authenticity and narrative momentum, and the script lets the actors carry it.
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/02/tweet-8727132694/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: Harvard Beats Yale 29-29.
Next entry: The Face of Arizona Wine.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! cialis , cheap viagra , viagra , cialis , buy cialis ,
- Hello! cialis canada , generic viagra , viagra , tadalafil , buy cialis ,
- Hello! canadian cialis , generic viagra , viagra , generic cialis , buy cialis ,
- Hello! cheap canadian viagra , cheap canadian cialis , generic viagra price , generic cialis price ,
- Hello! canadian viagra , canadian cialis , generic viagra price , generic cialis price ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Yes No Maybe So: The Imitation Game
- my new plaid pants > I Am Link
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Summer sitcom rewind: ‘Seinfeld’ - ‘The Red Dot’
- The Audient > Iconic movies directed by nobodies
- Burbanked > (original GIF via mickey-mouse-club: randar)
- The Daily Notebook > TIFF 2014. Official Lineup
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E47: Waking Up in the Unknown with Jim Benning
- Slate Articles > We Are the Best!
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 12 Most Beach-Ready Bodies in Movies
- Observations on film art > MOONRISE KINGDOM: Wes in Wonderland
- The Film Doctor > patriarchal lie links
- The Bleeding Tree > Rise of the dawn
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > SMALL MIRACLES: LAND HO! (2014)
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- The Seventh Art > Hawks/Ford
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > “Artists in Residence” in Pithead Chapel
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Fight Club (1999)