Twitter Review: The Hurt Locker
6 Feb 2010
‘Hurt Locker’ overplays its coda but is an intense serial with authenticity and narrative momentum, and the script lets the actors carry it.
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/02/tweet-8727132694/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: Harvard Beats Yale 29-29.
Next entry: The Face of Arizona Wine.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- The ritual of Raksha Bandhan, also known as Rakhi is the best way of showing your love and dedication towards your brother or sister. Send...
- Hello! generic viagra , generic cialis ,
- you are in point of fact a just right webmaster. The site loading velocity is amazing. It sort of feels that you are doing any...
- http://www.babelsoftco.com http://accountingeg.blogspot.com/ https://khairyayman74.wordpress.com/ http://babelsoftco.com/mkawlat2015.html http://www.babelsoftco.com/Mokwlat_Main.html http://arabic-html.com http://www.rokyeg.com http://www.sama-almadinah.com/khasil.html http://www.sama-almadinah.com/naklasas.html http://www.tfa2ol.com/ http://www.tfa2ol.com/khasil.html/ https://khairyayman74.wordpress.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%86%D9%82%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%AB%D8%A7%D8%AB-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/
Truth and Consequences
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Hit Me Amadeus
- Slate Articles > Brad Bird Is Not Superhuman
- The Daily Notebook > Cannes 2015. Day 8
- my new plaid pants > Happy Memorial Day Weekend
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Talking American TV... in Norway
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 11 Most Brutal Roast Comedians
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > True Detective episode 5: “The Secret Fate of All Life”
- The Audient > A deeper Separation than even I knew
- The Seventh Art > Ellipsis #75
- The Film Doctor > doof links
- Moon In The Gutter > Tenfold More Wicked: Arrow Films Unleashes Walerian Borowczyk’s THE STRANGE CASE OF DR JEKYLL AND MISS OSBOURNE
- Cinema Styles > Powering Back Up In 3, 2...
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > WAKING LIFE: I’LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS
- Observations on film art > Nitrate days and nights
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > Hobart: Photo Credits
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone
- The Bleeding Tree > Montage of heck
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’