Twitter Review: The Hurt Locker
6 Feb 2010
‘Hurt Locker’ overplays its coda but is an intense serial with authenticity and narrative momentum, and the script lets the actors carry it.
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/02/tweet-8727132694/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: Harvard Beats Yale 29-29.
Next entry: The Face of Arizona Wine.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Hello! http://cycworld2013.net/ , http://www.freecialisb6pharm.com/ , http://teambuildingtreasurehunts.com/ , http://www.cialiscostb7med.com/ , http://www.cialisprofessionalb7pharm.com/ ,
- Hello! viagra deal , cialis deal , cheap generic viagra , cheap generic cialis ,
- Hello! viagra , cialis , viagra generic , cialis generic ,
- Hello! viagra , cialis , generic viagra , generic cialis ,
- Hello! cialis pills , cheap cialis , cialis without prescription , cialis , cialis dosage ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
- Blog > Best Shot Collection: Gone With the Wind (Pt. 2)
- my new plaid pants > Keep Yourselves Entertained
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Uncanceled Showdown final pits ‘Jericho’ vs. ‘Almost Human’
- JonathanRosenbaum.com > Please go to jonathanrosenbaum.net
- The Audient > The knockoff was a knockout
- Slate Articles > Prince Addresses the Social Media Age on New Song, From One of Two New Albums
- Lost in the Movies (formerly The Dancing Image) > What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been
- Observations on film art > Zip, zero, Zeitgeist
- The Seventh Art > Signatures Of The Visible
- The Film Doctor > Jim Jarmusch’s Only Lovers Left Alive and the quandary of the cooler than thou
- The Daily Notebook > Viennale 2014. Lineup
- Burbanked > (original GIF via alxbngala)
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Garfunkel and Oates Quiz & Recap: Ep. 3 – Speechless
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E51: “Just” Mexican Food with Javier Cabral
- Chicago Ex-Patriate > My Writing Process Blog Tour
- Moon In The Gutter > DistribPix unleash the long awaited William Lustig ‘Billy Bagg’ Special Edition!!!
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > TIME IN A BOTTLE: BOYHOOD
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’