Twitter Review: The Square
6 Oct 2010
Aussie crime thriller ‘The Square’ is poised to explore guilt in a handful of characters but instead becomes a ridiculous, contrived tragedy
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/10/tweet-26556357962/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: Let Me in.
Next entry: Twitter Review: Stay.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Thank you for the information.
- Hello! http://viagra9dosage.com/ , http://inaugurationreport.com/ , http://cialis7withoutprescription.com/ , http://7cialiscost.com/ , http://best8cialis.com/ ,
- Hello! order viagra , order cialis , viagra , cialis ,
- Hello! female uk viagra , buy cheap cialis softtabsbuy cialis delived fed ex , buy cheap cialis softtabsbuy cialis delived fed ex...
- Hello! http://viagra10pills.com/ , http://cialis10pills.com/ , http://viagra10price.com/ , http://cialis10price.com/ ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD’ - ‘A Hen in the Wolf House’
- Blog > Top Ten: Oscar at the Oscars
- Observations on film art > Gone Grrrl
- my new plaid pants > Crawling Night-ward
- The Audient > Ranking David Fincher
- The Daily Notebook > The Noteworthy: L.M. Kit Carson (1941-2014), The “Dying of the Light” Debacle, Polanski Makes “Macbeth”
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > S4E61: Publishing Crushing with Alana Wilcox
- Burbanked > Today in October’s Weird Keira Knightley Creepin...
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Kill Bill Vol. 2
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > THE 2014 HALLOWEEN HORROR SCREEN GRAB QUIZ
- Slate Articles > Philip, Stark
- Moon In The Gutter > ART DECADES (Issue 1) is Now Available to Order
- The Film Doctor > native ad links
- The Projectionist > Phrosties Might Not Get You As Phucked Up As You Think. This Is What’s Really Inside.
- GreenCine Daily > Cruise-in’ for a Bruisin’