Twitter Review: The Square
6 Oct 2010
Aussie crime thriller ‘The Square’ is poised to explore guilt in a handful of characters but instead becomes a ridiculous, contrived tragedy
Permanent link: http://www.culturesnob.net/2010/10/tweet-26556357962/
Previous entry: Twitter Review: Let Me in.
Next entry: Twitter Review: Stay.
Bookmark and share this entry.
In 2010, at the age of 67, Roger Ebert reviewed The Human Centipede (First Sequence) — a horror flick that seems to exist primarily to make viewers vomit. As a professional movie critic for more than four decades, Ebert could...
Depending on how you choose to count, there are either three or four Batman resurrections in The Dark Knight Rises. Superheroes — and especially Superman — have long been seen as Christ figures, and from its title to its returns...
Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises is an incredibly ballsy movie. I don’t mean its scope and ambition, both of which are indeed impressive. I mean the audacity of choices that could have easily backfired: following Heath Ledger’s nuanced, razor-sharp...
How about a magic trick? I previously pulled off David Copperfield-scale wizardry by turning Robert Zemeckis’ bloated, 150-minute Contact into a lean, 53-minute masterpiece. (Yes, that’s hubris. Have you missed me?) This, admittedly, is a more modest feat — something...
My essay on David Cronenberg’s adaptation of Naked Lunch is now up at Edward Copeland on Film. I’ll post it here in a few days.
Latest Twitter Review
- Send Flowers to South Korea and convey your best wishes with lovely presents to your dear ones residing there from any corner of the...
- Hello! http://viagra11deal.com/ , http://fastdelivery6viagra.com/www.yo-yoma.com , http://pcpfcu.org/abt_ctcu.html , http://cialis11deal.com/ ,
- Do something unique and creative to your dear ones on their special day and make their life remarkable and memorable. Send Flowers to Brazil...
- Hello! herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs , buy cialis softtabs , herbal viagra , buy cialis softtabs ,
- Hello! viagra professional , cialis sample , order cialis , purchase viagra , buy cialis ,
Recent Audio Content
- Vic Chesnutt: A Quest for Joy (an interview)
- Chris Thile of Punch Brothers: A Big Arrow (an interview)
- Evolutionist David Sloan Wilson: The Psychopathic Chicken (an interview)
- Philip Dickey of Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: I Will Make You Like Me (an interview)
- Jim Eno of Spoon: Rough-Edged Perfection (an interview)
- > Full list of audio content
Latest Box Office
- my new plaid pants > OMG Look At Jake Gyllenhaal In Southpaw
- Blog > Amir’s Thank Yous
- The Film Doctor > ephemeral links
- Slate Articles > The Babadook
- Latest Posts from What’s Alan Watching on Hitfix > Review: ‘Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever’ with Aubrey Plaza as Grumpy Cat
- The Audient > Fox caught
- Notebook on Cities and Culture > Korea Tour: Out of Excuses with Mipa Lee
- IFC Fix: Get Yours > Seth Herzog Makes Food Jokes on Comedy Drop
- Observations on film art > What-if movies: Forking paths in the drawing room
- The Daily Notebook > Movie Poster of the Week: The films of Jean Grémillon
- Burbanked > My 2014 Movies: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975, on DVD,...
- Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule > STATE OF THE BLOG: SLIFR’s 10th BIRTHDAY
- Filmsquish.com - Reviews, Editorials & Insight On Film > Casino Royale Review
- The Bleeding Tree > Spotify and the death of Rock
- The Projectionist > Edelstein: The Oscars Have Thrown Me a (Winter’s) Bone